Ngamba Island Chimpanzee SanctuaryApril 1, 2023
Mabamba Swamp Bay Shoe Bill BirdingApril 9, 2023
Wildlife Tours to Uganda
Uganda is a beautiful country that offers a wide range of wildlife experiences. Some of the most popular national parks for wildlife tours in Uganda are:
- Bwindi Impenetrable National Park: This Park is home to half of the world’s mountain gorillas, and it’s one of the best places to go gorilla trekking. You’ll also have the opportunity to see other primates such as chimpanzees and colobus monkeys.
- Queen Elizabeth National Park: This Park is located in the southwestern part of Uganda and is home to a wide range of wildlife including elephants, lions, leopards, buffaloes, hippos, crocodiles, and a variety of bird species.
- Murchison Falls National Park: Located in the northern part of Uganda, this park is home to the famous Murchison Falls, as well as a wide range of wildlife such as giraffes, elephants, lions, and hippos.
- Kibale National Park: This Park is known for its population of chimpanzees, and it’s a great place to go chimpanzee trekking. You’ll also have the opportunity to see other primates such as baboons and colobus monkeys.
- Lake Mburo National Park: This Park is home to a wide range of wildlife including zebras, impalas, elands, and a variety of bird species.
When planning wildlife tours to Uganda, it’s important to work with a reputable tour operator who can help you plan your itinerary and make arrangements for accommodations, transportation, and permits for gorilla and chimpanzee trekking. It’s also important to follow guidelines for responsible tourism and wildlife viewing to minimize your impact on the environment and protect the animals.
When to Go for Wildlife Tours in Uganda?
The best time to go for wildlife tours in Uganda is during the dry seasons, which are from December to February and from June to September. During these months, the weather is generally dry and sunny, and wildlife is easier to spot as animals tend to gather around water sources. Additionally, the dry season is the best time for gorilla trekking as the trails are less muddy and slippery.
However, Uganda’s climate is generally favourable for wildlife viewing throughout the year, and each season has its advantages. The wet season from March to May and October to November is considered the low season, but it can be a great time to visit as the landscape is lush and green, and bird watching is fantastic.
It’s important to note that some areas may be inaccessible during the rainy season due to poor road conditions. Additionally, the gorilla trekking permits tend to sell out quickly during the high season, so it’s important to book in advance. It’s always a good idea to check with your tour operator or travel agent for the most up-to-date information on weather and wildlife viewing conditions.
Cost for Uganda Wildlife Tours
The cost of wildlife tours in Uganda varies depending on several factors such as the length of the tour, the type of accommodation, the number of people in the group, and the activities included in the itinerary.
For a basic 3-day safari that includes gorilla trekking, chimpanzee trekking, and game drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park, the cost could range from $1000 to $2000 per person, depending on the tour operator and the level of accommodation.
For a longer and more luxurious safari that includes additional activities such as hot air balloon rides, nature walks, and cultural experiences, the cost could range from $3000 to $7000 per person.
It’s important to note that the cost of gorilla trekking permits is fixed by the Uganda Wildlife Authority and is currently $700 per person for foreign non-residents. Chimpanzee trekking permits vary depending on the location but are generally between $100 and $200 per person.
When planning wildlife tours to Uganda, it’s important to work with a reputable tour operator who can help you design an itinerary that fits your budget and interests. It’s also important to be aware of any additional costs such as visa fees, travel insurance, and tips for guides and staff.
Proposed Safari Holidays to Uganda. Ishasha Sector in Queen Elizabeth National Park
4 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari is the most popular tourist destination in Uganda. The Ovacado Adventures Ltd, is perfect for those with limited time or budget, without compromising on quality game & primate viewing in stunning surroundings.
This is a 4 Days Natural Wonder safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park if you want to get a taste of Uganda for a limited time. Go for game drives in the Kasenyi and Ishasha parts of Queen Elizabeth NP, enjoy a boat cruise on the Kazinga channel, and trek chimps.