Uganda Wildlife Safari.July 21, 2023
Uganda ToursJuly 21, 2023
Uganda Safaris, Exploring the Heart of Africa: A Comprehensive Guide to Uganda Safaris
Uganda safaris are a once-in-a-lifetime experience that offer visitors the opportunity to explore the
heart of Africa and discover its wild beauty. From the majestic mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable
National Park to the diverse wildlife in Murchison Falls National Park, ssezibwa falls and Ssezibwa coffee
tourism. Uganda has a variety of safari options to choose from. In this article, we will list and discuss the
top Uganda safaris that are a must-do for any nature lover.
1. Gorilla trekking: Uganda is home to over half of the worlds remaining mountain gorillas, and a
safari to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park or Mgahinga Gorilla National Park is a must-do for
any wildlife enthusiast. Trek through the forest to see these majestic creatures in their natural
habitat. Keep in mind that a permit is required and it should be purchased in advance.
2. Chimpanzee tracking: Another highlight of a safari in Uganda is tracking chimpanzees in their
natural habitat. Kibale National Park and Budongo Forest Reserve are the best places to see
chimpanzees. This experience is similar to Gorilla trekking and a permit is also required.
3. Game drives: For those who want to see a wide variety of wildlife, a game drive in one of
Ugandas national parks is a must-do. Murchison Falls National Park, Queen Elizabeth National
Park, and Kidepo Valley National Park offer some of the best game drives in the country.
4. Bird watching: Uganda is a birdwatchers paradise, with over 1,000 species of birds. Guided
birdwatching tours in various national parks or reserves such as Mabamba Swamp offer the
opportunity to see some of the most exotic birds in the world.
5. Nature walks: Guided nature walks in various national parks or reserves allow visitors to explore
the diverse vegetation and learn about different plant and animal species.
6. Cultural tours: Uganda safaris also offer the opportunity to learn about the local culture and visit
local communities. Visitors can go on cultural tours to visit traditional markets, craft centers,
7. Boat cruises: Visitors can take boat cruises on various rivers in Uganda, such as the Nile River, to
see the wildlife and enjoy the scenery. This is a popular activity in Murchison Falls National Park.
8. Ssezibwa Fall Visit: Ssezibwa falls are a unique and culturally significant site located in Mukono
district, Eastern Uganda. Visitors can take a guided tour of the falls and learn about the cultural
significance of the falls in the local community.
9. Ssezibwa Coffee Tour: Visitors can also experience the unique taste of Ssezibwa coffee while
visiting the falls. Visitors can take a guided tour of the coffee plantation and learn about the
coffee-making processing, this activity is conducted on the coffee farm and includes visiting the
community and learning different cultures in the community
10. Uganda Hiking Safaris: Hiking safari in Uganda is an activity of the best Uganda safari package
that gives tourists the option to hike to the top of the Mt Rwenzori , Mt Elgon, Murchison falls or
some hiking activities in Bwindi impenetrable forest or Mgahinga National Park. However,
tourists should have a certain level of fitness to enjoy hiking activities. Other popular hiking
areas in Uganda are Mt. Gahinga, Mt. Muhabura, and Mt. Sabinyo.
11. Mount Elgon Hiking: Mount Elgon is an extinct volcano located on the border of Uganda and
Kenya. It offers several hiking trails, including the Sipi Trail, which takes hikers to the top of the
mountain for stunning views of the surrounding area.
12. Kidepo Valley National Park: This remote national park is located in the northeastern part of
Uganda and is home to a diverse array of wildlife, including elephants, lions, and cheetahs.
Visitors can go on game drives, guided nature walks, and cultural tours to learn about the local
13. Lake Mburo National Park: This park is located in the western part of Uganda and is known for
its diverse wildlife, including zebras, impalas, and a large population of hippos. Visitors can go on
game drives, guided nature walks, and boat cruises to see the wildlife and enjoy the scenery.
14. Mount Rwenzori Hiking: Mount Rwenzori, also known as the Mountains of the Moon, is
located in western Uganda on the border with the Democratic Republic of Congo. It offers
several hiking trails, including the Central Circuit Trail, which takes hikers to the top of the
mountain for stunning views of the surrounding area.
15. Ssese Islands: The Ssese Islands are a group of 84 islands located in Lake Victoria, the largest
lake in Africa. Visitors can go on boat cruises to explore the islands and see the diverse wildlife,
including crocodiles, monitor lizards, and a variety of bird species.
16. White Water Rafting: Uganda offers some of the best white water rafting in East Africa, with the
In conclusion, Uganda safaris offer an unparalleled opportunity to discover the wild beauty of Africa and
to explore its diverse Uganda wildlife, landscapes and culture. If youre a nature lover, these safaris are a
must-do for your bucket list. Keep in mind that some of the activities like Uganda Gorilla trekking and
Chimpanzee tracking require a permit to be purchased in advance.